Success Story: THOCC Success Story / Case Study
The Hospital of Central Connecticut (THOCC) in New Britain, CT, partnered with HPG to support its Oracle Cerner EHR solutions during transition to the Epic EHR.
Client Challenge: As The Hospital of Central Connecticut (THOCC) prepared to transition to a new EHR, the scope of this project required the hospital IT department to learn and design the new Epic system while still meeting the standard of excellent customer satisfaction with the existing EHR.
HPG Solution: HPG presented its Support Center solution, along with Project Management and additional Application Services consultants, so THOCC could lean on HPG for its Oracle Cerner solution while the local team focused on preparing for the Epic transition. HPG’s team approach ensured cost benefits and results-driven success along with full transparency on its support for the Oracle Cerner solutions. Through expert resources and communication, THOCC was empowered to focus on providing the knowledge and development to its team for the Epic EHR transition.
Project Timeline: 18 months
Results: THOCC benefited from the expertise and support of the high-quality team at HPG.
- HPG maintained a relationship with clinicians and worked to ensure that all quality assurance and meaningful use measures were kept up to date. This effort was crucial to avoid financial penalties.
- HPG collaborated with Oracle Cerner to maintain system integrity. This involved package installs, review of Oracle Cerner flashes, testing related to required technical updates, and monitoring of interfaces and servers.
- HPG assisted in the validation of data mapping between Oracle Cerner and Epic. This involved extensive testing of lab and radiology data to ensure the accuracy of the data imported to Epic.
- The ability of HPG to provide day-to-day maintenance and after-hours on-call support freed up the THOCC legacy IT analysts to confidently move forward with the design and build of their Epic system, knowing that HPG would provide their end-users with their standard high level of promptness regarding issues logged and customer satisfaction.
Read more client success stories from HPG:
- Success Story: Rehoboth McKinley Christian Health Care Services, Inc.
- Success Story: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center (FKA Seattle Cancer Care Alliance)
- Successful Partnership During EHR Transition at AdventHealth
- Partnering for Successful EHR Platform Transition
- Efficiency Achieved in Training Domain Partnership
- Seamless EHR Integration for Medical Service Relocation
- Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare Emergent Lifesaving Orders Project