Success Story: AdventHealth, Orlando, FL
Successful Partnership During EHR Transition
Client Challenge: AdventHealth was making a significant shift from its current EHR vendor to a new solution. To facilitate a timely, successful result, AdventHealth planned to transition 70 percent of its team members to focus on the new solution. HPG Associates were asked to join shrinking teams to fill the gaps and maintain a consistent level of support during the transition.
HPG Solution: HPG mobilized a team consisting of at least eight Associates that would partner with AdventHealth team members to support their legacy EHR during the transition. HPG focused on providing Associates in specific solution areas with the expertise to offer excellent service day in and day out. As the project continued and AdventHealth’s needs grew, HPG offered additional resources for enhanced support. As a result of HPG’s work, the rotating backlog decreased and AdventHealth’s team members were able to focus on their responsibilities for the transition.
Project Timeline: 24+ months
Results: AdventHealth successfully transitioned 70 percent of its team to the new EHR project, knowing that the current system was fully supported by a highly knowledgeable team at HPG:
- HPG provided support across multiple Cerner solutions, including PathNet, SurgiNet Anesthesia, PowerChart Ambulatory, PowerPlans, PowerForms, PharmNet and FirstNet, resolving more tickets with fewer team members compared with previous years.
- HPG team members supported AdventHealth after hours as part of the on-call rotation, becoming part of the team and allowing AdventHealth to confidently transition to the new EHR system.
- When the pandemic started, HPG adapted and continued to deliver excellent service remotely. The HPG team is now back on-site when necessary.
- As AdventHealth’s EHR transition has continued, HPG Associates rolled out code upgrades and new installations of the existing EHR to additional facilities, as well as providing go-live support when necessary.
Read more client success stories from HPG:
- Success Story: Rehoboth McKinley Christian Health Care Services, Inc.
- Long-term support and expertise in design, development and build of two key solutions.
- Partnering for Successful EHR Platform Transition at Middlesex Hospital
- Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare Emergent Lifesaving Orders Project
- Consolidation of Multiple EMRs to Cerner Millennium®
- CHOC Location Hierarchy Project
- Efficiency Achieved in Training Domain Partnership
- Seamless EHR Integration for Medical Service Relocation