Success Story: University of Alabama-Birmingham Medicine
Efficiency Achieved in Training Domain Partnership
Client: University of Alabama-Birmingham Medicine
Service: Strategic Services: Training Domain Service
A key employee who led the design and build efforts for UAB Medicine’s Training Domain was retiring, leading to UAB’s purchase of HPG’s Training Domain Service. Beforehand, the IT Department used 500+ hours to create the content needed to support UAB’s Training services.
UAB Medicine partnered with HPG to be our Proof of Concept customer. HPG resources provided the expertise and methodology to configure the TDS configured, adding more specialized functionality that was unique to the needs of UAB’s Training Domain.
The results of UAB Medicine’s partnership with HPG:
- UAB is able to automatically create all content needed for their Training Domain in less than 24 hours with very little human intervention
- Hundreds of hours for manual build have been eliminated
- UAB is able to increase the refresh rate from Production to keep their Training Domains up to date
- UAB is able to stage new code levels in Train, prior to moving code into Production, allowing users to be trained on new code first
This success story discusses the following HPG Supporting Services:
Read more client success stories from HPG:
- Success Story: Rehoboth McKinley Christian Health Care Services, Inc.
- Long-term support and expertise in design, development and build of two key solutions.
- Successful Partnership During EHR Transition at AdventHealth
- Partnering for Successful EHR Platform Transition at Middlesex Hospital
- Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare Emergent Lifesaving Orders Project
- Consolidation of Multiple EMRs to Cerner Millennium®
- CHOC Location Hierarchy Project
- Seamless EHR Integration for Medical Service Relocation
“HPG worked with us to implement an automation tool for our Training Domain. They spent time with us and asked questions to understand our needs and workflow. Our partnership with HPG resulted in a tool that helped us save time and money and provides us the ability to refresh the training domain more often.”