Success Story: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center (FKA Seattle Cancer Care Alliance)
Long-term support and expertise in design, development and build of two key solutions.
Client Challenge: The Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center (formerly known as Seattle Cancer Care Alliance) required an expert-level resource to join the team for the design, implementation and support of its Cerner Ambulatory and Cerner Oncology solutions. As it relied on a lean team internally, the organization needed comprehensive support and superior execution for the desired results.
HPG Solution: The cancer center turned to HPG for assistance provided by Evan McAfee, who utilized his expertise in all things Cerner to develop, design and build around Cerner Ambulatory and Cerner Oncology and the integrated solution areas of Orders, CPOE, Rules, CCL and more. Evan’s soft skills as a consultant earned the team’s full trust in his ability to incorporate best practices, resolve complex workflows, and achieve optimal results within Physician and Provider adoption.
Project Timeline: For over 7 years, Evan became an integral part of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center team.
- Supported the full cycle implementation of PowerChart Oncology™
- Designed, built and tested Oncology PowerPlans™, including electronic chemotherapy and research ordering
- Designed and implemented Discern Rules® for patient safety alerts and ordering convenience
- Authored CCL reports for internal auditing and front-end user reporting
- Supported the help desk call center for front-end user questions and the reporting of issues
- Provided at-the-elbow support for users during go-live and code upgrades
Read more client success stories from HPG:
- Success Story: Rehoboth McKinley Christian Health Care Services, Inc.
- Successful Partnership During EHR Transition at AdventHealth
- Partnering for Successful EHR Platform Transition
- Efficiency Achieved in Training Domain Partnership
- Seamless EHR Integration for Medical Service Relocation
- Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare Emergent Lifesaving Orders Project